FatWallet.com and BigCrumbs.com both pay you back a portion of their affiliate commission when you click through their links to make an online purchase. Most online retailers pay 1% to 10% affiliate commissions to websites that send buyers to them. FatWallet pioneered the model of paying part of their commission back to buyers.
How do the cash back amounts compare between BigCrumbs (CrumbSaver) and FatWallet? Here’s a few.
- BigCrumbs 4%
- Fatwallet 8%
- BigCrumbs 1.5%
- FatWallet Not Offered
- BigCrumbs 0.5%
- FatWallet 3.0%
- BigCrumbs 2.5%
- FatWallet 4.2%
- BigCrumbs 3%
- FatWallet 2%
- BigCrumbs 1.5 – 5%
- FatWallet 4.4 – 6%
- Highest payout – Generally FatWallet is better compared to BC’s CrumbSaver
- Number of Retailers Offered – BigCrumbs 205, FatWallet 519
- Works with eBay – BigCrumbs
- Cash for Referring others – Big Crumbs
- Gives to Charity – FatWallet
- Trustworthiness – Tie, both are excellent.
- Payments – BigCrumbs uses PayPal, FatWallet pays with Checks
I recommend using FatWallet when buying from most retailers. Use BigCrumbs for buying from eBay or other sites not offered by FatWallet. This recommendation especially holds true if you are a BigCrumbs CrumbEarner since you get a lower percentage on your own purchases.
Footnote: I determined the number of retailers each site offered by copying the web page source code from each of their main “browse retailers” pages, looking at their HTML structure and finding the retailer instances.